Did you ever want to sync photos between your phone and PC, instantly? How about the ability to find that perfect emoji, faster? Well, now you can…..
Here are some recent highlights, including the build where they first appeared.
- Sync photos from your phone to your PC. No more emailing yourself photos. With the Your Phone app, your Android’s most recent photos sync automatically to your PC where you can easily copy, edit and ink them.2 (Build 17730)
- More support for Emoji 11. The Emoji Panel now supports search and tool-tips for the recently added Emoji 11 emoji. These keywords will also populate text predictions when typing with the touch keyboard.3 (Build 17741)
- Dark Theme in File Explorer. Thanks to Insider feedback, this cool, new design looks better than ever. Check it out at Settings>Personalization>Colors. (Build 17733)
- Narrator improvements. The latest improvements cover everything from better phonetic pronunciations to easier navigation. (Build 17733)
* Courtesy of the WINDOWS INSIDER PROGRAM.
Have you noticed your computer has been running slower lately? We know of several techniques to help your PC return back to normal speed.
Modify the Power Settings
One of the simplest ways is to disable your Power Saver Plan. This plan is designed to save energy by reducing you computer’s overall performance. If you are using a desktop PC, there really isn’t any reason to use a Power Saver. We recommend changing to High Performance Mode to deliver a huge performance boost.
If your computer is running slow or giving you problems, please give us a call (252) 240-2722 (CPCC). We can help.
The Windows 10 “Spring Update” is out, also called update 1803. As usual Microsoft takes one step forward and 2 steps back, causing headaches for some users. We have seen reports of multiple MS Surface systems with broken kb/m connectivity, laptop batteries no longer charging, and some systems having problems loading the desktop after upgrade.
What can you do? Windows Pro users can defer security updates for 35 days and Feature updates (like 1803) for a year. But Home users don’t get that option. If your Windows 10 experience is ruined with a feature update, call us at (252) 240-2722 and we can help.
CPCC asked Santa for a new sign for the office and guess what happened on Saturday?!
Come by and see our new store front signage and be sure to pop in to say “Hello and Merry Christmas”! We wish a Happy and safe Holidays to you and your family this Christmas season!
Mon Dec 25: CLOSED
Tues Dec 26: CLOSED
Mon Jan 1: CLOSED
We can now offer scheduled remote assistance for software related issues.
We will help fix software errors or perform virus/malware cleanup remotely, saving you time and money! Just give us a call at (252) 240-2722 and speak with a tech to schedule your support phone call.